Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Lutheran Sermon

Even if you are not Lutheran, I'd encourage you to listen to this a scholarly Lutheran sermon from Pastor John Christopherson of First Lutheran Church, Sioux Falls, SD.  It was preached on October 31, 2010, a day many protestants call Reformation Day

In his Reformation Day sermon, Pastor John speaks to the struggles that members and leaders of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) continue to face on a daily basis. Please pray for Pastor John and for all who are affected.

You can go to this page (click this link) on his church's website you can find a place to listen by downloading the audio file.  Or, simply click here for a direct link to the mp3.
(Unfortunately it seems that the end of the sermon is cut off.  I could only listen to the first 15 minutes or so.  I'll call his church a bit later and see if it can be fixed.  I'll also see if I can find a copy you can read.)
His sermon is based on Jeremiah 6:16-19 -

16 Thus says the Lord: Stand at the crossroads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way lies; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls. But they said, "We will not walk in it." 17 Also I raised up sentinels for you: "Give heed to the sound of the trumpet!" But they said, "We will not give heed." 18 Therefore hear, O nations, and know, O congregation, what will happen to them. 19 Hear, O earth; I am going to bring disaster on this people, the fruit of their schemes, because they have not given heed to my words; and as for my teaching, they have rejected it.

---------------------------------
Some of my own sermons can be found at "Preaching Links and Etc."  I am not as scholarly as Pastor John, nor do I put as much emphasis on specifically Lutheran doctrine.

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment