Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dona Nobis Pacem

I woke up at 2:00 a.m. on Monday morning thinking about members of the call committee that worked and prayed so hard during 2005 in the call process that led to my coming to serve as pastor here.  Some of them are still at ELC/Cokato and others are elsewhere.  I think of them and I pray for them and the peace that passes understanding. 

Today I was over at ELC/Cokato for my wife's great aunt's funeral.  ELC/Cokato is my father-in-law's home church.  The splintering and split of that church, and of so many others in the ELCA -- it hits close to home.

How do we walk through days like this?

A dear friend wrote this to me today:
"I believe that if we truly understood God's character... His immense love and concern for us and His power and sovereignty to act on our behalf, we would never fear anything again. That's probably my most consistent prayer for myself and others... that we would get that kind of revelation about Him."
As we get to know Jesus, that's what we come to know.  We do not need to be afraid.

Father God, I pray, in Jesus' name, that it may be so among and in us.

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment