Sunday, December 7, 2008

Eggshells and Elephants

When was the last time you walked on eggshells? Are you walking on eggshells today? Is there truth to be told, dangerous truth, truth that might spoil a relationship if it were to get out?

Is there an elephant in the room? Is there a big problem everyone knows about but that we avoid, like a big centerpiece at the dinner table… people leaning one way or the other to get around it?

Good news is coming!

Someday the eggshells will be gone! Someday the elephant will be dead! There will be a time when you will be able to speak the truth without fear.
That was the beginning of this morning's 8:30 a.m. sermon entitled "No Fear." You can listen to it as an mp3 here (just over 15 minutes long), but I encourage you to read these scripture lessons first. We had a wonderful children's Christmas program today, but that means many missed the sermon. I think there are some important thoughts in it, so feel free to listen.

Let me know how it turns out. This is my first attempt posting sounds to the internet.

6 comments:

  1. Way to go! Having your sermons online is great. Thanks to the tech person who got this done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's a first try. Did it myself though. If it's going to happen more often we'll need to find someone to do it. The process is clunky... taking it from a cassette tape, moving it to an mp3, putting it up, making a link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys,
    Just an FYI. We have the capability right now. We can record a .WAV file with our current technology at the church. Jeff recorded the entire childrens concert on Sunday. Does it need to be MP3 format?

    Mike L

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can post up to 10 MB. I used mp3 because I think most people can play it. I really don't know the difference between them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I listened to the online sermon and the sound was great. Thanks for making it available.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No problem! I'm glad you made use of it.

    ReplyDelete