Monday, August 11, 2014

Thursday's JAM (Jesus and Me)

On Thursday at LQ, during our extended "JAM" time (from about 11 AM until about 4:00 PM), God led me from the book "DO HARD THINGS" (chapters posted on the Leadership Quest webpage) and the book of Second Timothy (which we studied all week during JAM) and Nehemiah (which God laid in front of me/us in 2013 for the "Re:Build" theme) and finally to Jeremiah 42. 

I got some brief napping done too--part of the time on a footbridge in a more or less deserted area of Split Rock Lighthouse state park.  Yes, right there on the bridge.  It wasn't easy to find a quiet place because lots of heavy equipment was being used to reconstruct some of the main pathways and park areas.

Jeremiah 42 spoke with much power--especially verses 10-12:
"If you stay in this land, I will build you up and not tear you down; I will plant you and not uproot you, for I am grieved over the disaster I have inflicted on you. Do not be afraid of the king of Babylon, whom you now fear. Do not be afraid of him, declares the LORD, for I am with you and will save you and deliver you from his hands. I will show you compassion so that he will have compassion on you and restore you to your land."
When I have the time and energy I will share more about what all of this said to me. 

God's perfect peace be with you today.

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment