Monday, April 26, 2010

No Fear

"After Haari Haamer came back from Siberia, he was fearless!"  -- from the We Shall Live in Heaven book jacket
"I carry a bit of that wilderness, the dark night of the soul, within me all the time... It reminds me who I am and teaches me wisdom... I remember my own weakness and God's strength, that God is my provider... [The wilderness] is a place where I cling to that singular hunger for the pure presence of my Lord.  I go back there, or am taken there, whenever my cleansing needs to go deeper, or whenever I have gotten off track in some way." -- from "The Dark Night of the Soul" in the book Burnout: Renewal In the Wilderness by R. Loren Sandford

"Therefore, since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have obtained access to this grace in which we stand; and we boast in our hope of sharing the glory of God. And not only that, but we also boast in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us." -- Romans 5:1-5
Where do you find peace?

Is it found in your life situation?

Or does it rest in God?

Will you join me in praying that the Holy Spirit will push us deeper into the arms of our Father God?  I believe that is the way of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Come to prayer this Thursday, here at church, 6:30 until about 7:30 p.m.

Don't run.  Don't be afraid.  Come lay your burden down.  Let the Lord give you His peace.

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment