Friday, October 16, 2015

Worry or Prayer?

For the last few days I've felt like I haven't been sleeping long or well enough to feel my best. I'm honestly doing just fine but it's bothersome when I lie down and don't sleep, or when I wake up too soon. And when I don't sleep well I don't seem able to focus as clearly or get things done that I want to do. Normally I look forward to the weekend when I can get extra sleep but I'm making some plans for Saturday that might make this weekend less than restful. And I need my rest to do well each day! Oh no!

As I was feeling and thinking about these things I decided I needed to take some time for quiet with the Lord. The Lord has always spoken to me when I write and He has done so again today. He tells me of the spiritual battle that goes on in my soul. I can either give in to the evil one's temptation to worry about tomorrow, or I can bring my concerns to my Lord in prayer.

So, I will pray and trust God. I will allow him to guide my thoughts toward gratitude and peace.

"...Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. ... and the God of peace will be with you." (Philippians 4:9-10)

What choice will you make today?

equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment