Saturday, August 22, 2015

August 22 Update

I see that it's been more than a week since I've recorded anything here. If you connect with me on twitter (@equalsharing) or facebook (stevekarl) you'll know I haven't been silent online. I just haven't taken time to write anything substantial. And I probably won't today either since I've got projects to do here in Cokato - mostly mowing and then I've committed to doing some work in the garage to get ready for our big move.

I don't remember if I put anything up online publicly about how our plans to move the the Twin Cities are working out, but last weekend Toni and I decided to take Pastor Paul Anderson up on his offer to rent part of a home that he's in the process of buying. Details have yet to be finalized. If all goes as it seems like it will Toni and I will be sharing a house with some of the young adults Paul A mentors through Communitas and other ministries with young adults. Exactly when that will all work out is something we don't know yet. Stay tuned.

I made it through the first set of bus routes that I "picked" after Metro Transit training and now on Monday I'll start the second series of routes -- one trip in the morning (New Hope & Golden Valley to downtown Minneapolis) and two in trips in the p.m. (downtown to St. Louis Park and then downtown again to Wayzata and Mound). I spent parts of two days this week on my own time driving those routes so I'll be sure I know where I'm going beginning Monday.

Also at work this week I had my first conversation with the manager that is assigned to we new bus drivers who are still in our 6-month beginning probationary period. There's still a lot to learn but one of my mistakes came to her attention so we had a meeting. I'm glad I had the chance to have that one-on-one time. I learn from my mistakes but I'm hoping that there will be fewer now in this second "pick" of routes that continue until Dec. 11.

That's all I'm going to write for now. I continue to see the Lord's hand of blessing on everything we are up to. Toni is now back from her trip to Brazil -- she went to see her sister's family there, to participate in her nephew's wedding and then to take a short trip to a beach area in São Paulo state. It's winter there now, and the off season, but they had a great time.

We plan to move from our house here in Cokato on Labor Day weekend. If you'd like to lend a hand, either here in Cokato (probably beginning Saturday afternoon) or in various places in the Twin Cities area where we'll be storing our furniture etc. (perhaps Saturday evening or Sunday) we'll be grateful.

Thanks for listening.

equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment