Friday, September 9, 2011

Good to be Known

O Lord, you have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
    you discern my thoughts from far away.
You search out my path and my lying down,
    and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
O Lord, you know it completely.
You hem me in, behind and before,
    and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
    it is so high that I cannot grasp it.
The bus I'm driving these days has a digital video recorder in it.  Today I had the eerie experience of sitting in my supervisor's office watching what had occurred in the bus over the previous two or three days.  I knew the recorder was there, but had forgotten it, I guess, so it was a strange sensation to see what had gone on behind my head while I had been busy driving.  And lots goes on!  More than I know.

Early this morning the Bible verses above came to mind, given to me, I believe, by the Holy Spirit.  Watching the video recording made me think of how God is watching over all of us with such love, seeing everything and hearing everything and still loving us, even when we are doing what is not pleasing in his sight.

Oh! how He loves us! (Even though he knows us!)   Because God knows with such love, he came himself, in person, straight into our dysfunctional world, to take upon us all the sin HE knows (far more than what WE know), so He could save us from ourselves.  For that reason, and for many others, it is good to be known-- good to be known by the One God!

Let yourself know that He knows!

It is so good!



www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment