Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Mid-Move

I'm at my parents' condo right now on the last day of a 3 month sojourn. (As I was writing this earlier) I'm sitting in their living room talking with mom about this and that. My sister Lisa is in the other room, the combination guest room and office where I've been staying, helping dad with some business, paying bills & etc.

part of Saturday morning moving scene
Toni and I are in the middle of our move. Today we move in with our daughter Naomi for 10 days or so. I'll head over there before my afternoon bus routes. Toni will get there a little later.

I'm looking forward to the two of us staying in the same place! We've been together almost only on weekends since early June.

We're moving to Naomi's today but most of our stuff will still be in the semi truck that was mostly loaded 3 days ago. We're so thankful for all those who helped us pack and load and clean our Cokato house. Toni and our next door neighbor worked doing the last cleaning late last evening and Toni had been shampooing carpets for 2 days. Wow. If you see her today, give her a place to sit down. ;)
stuff in the truck last night

On Saturday, September 19, we'll move into the house we'll be renting from Paul Anderson. If you're able to help move our stuff into that house and garage, the semi will arrive at 8:30 AM on Saturday, September 19. We'll need to get everything unloaded quickly as the driver won't be available to keep the truck there for very long. Thank you in advance.

As I've was sitting here talking with mom (she and dad and my sister have gone out now for lunch) the TV is on (as it usually is at my parents' place) and among the news items is the one about Syrian and other refugees fleeing war to Europe in search of safety.

Our little move is such a small thing. I think God is calling me to spend some time learning more about what's been going among these dear ones on and also to pray about how God may be calling us to help. They'll be "mid-move" for a very long time.

I haven't done anything about that yet. Have you? Will you learn? Will you pray? And, when God calls, will you act?


Pastor Steve Basney posted this a picture of a dad and his children on his facebook, and then encouraged us to look at a website -- "wewelcomerefugees.com." Their headline says:
This is a moment in history.
The world is facing the worst refugee crisis since WWII.

7.6 million Syrians are displaced within the country, and 3.8 million have sought refuge in other countries. the UNHCR's latest figures show the crisis is getting worse. Families are moving not to Simply better their lives, but to literally save their lives.

This is a place for you to say: We Welcome Refugees - and get to live out those words. A place for your church, your people, your community, to have a practical, tangible, real way to welcome in the stranger in Christ’s name, a place hosted by World Relief, The Justice Conference, and Ann Voskamp, with more partners to be added soon.
http://wewelcomerefugees.com/

Will you join me in learning and prayer? As you consider helping us move, think of others too.

equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment