Sunday, April 21, 2013

God is in Charge

Whitney McKendree Moore shared this today.  Thank you Whitney!  It's a good word.  For more go to wmckmoore.blogspot.com.

GOD on high, I see that my "default" is set at forgetting that everything is happening just the way it needs to happen and that everything that happens is allowed by You. In this awareness, I stand firm in the peace that passes all understanding. It is wisdom from on high to know that You are Sovereign and to stand firm, knowing that You are in charge and we are not. I am blessed among women (and men!) to know this.

Thank You for teaching me to say, "I can't but God can, God, and I need to let Him." Whatever You allow, You allow. It is what it is. And so, I pray:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom the know the difference.
- R. Neibuhr

Thank You for the grace to discern Your Will and differentiate Your Voice from that of "other" higher powers, of which there are many. Thank You for teaching me to know the difference. Be Lord of all; be the center of everything; be first and foremost in my life, LORD Christ. In You, I stand firm, both and forever, safe and joyous and free. Thank You, Savior and Lord Most High. Amen.

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment