Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Challenging? or Confusing?

I'll be posting my message from last Sunday (Apr. 21) on this blog later.  I loaned my final copy to someone yesterday afternoon.  I've had two people comment on how challenging, or confusing, this particular message was for them.  I brought up the possibility that "religion" (that is, the outward appearance or "form" of godliness, 2 Timothy 3:5) can serve Christ.  The other messages in the series, including the one to come this Sunday, point out the dangers of religious traditions, but in this one I wanted to point out the fact that God himself seems to endorse and even command some of these things.

This coming Sunday we'll be looking at First Corinthians 10.  In that particular chapter (and, actually in chapter 11) the Lord speaks to us about the dangers of putting too much trust in the most widely accepted Christian practices.  Baptism is mentioned there, and communion is too, though both in connection with their Old Testament "types."

This is a challenging area to be looking at.  I will do my best to keep it as clear as possible.  Still, some confusion may be unavoidable.  Please ask any questions you may have.  I'll do my best to answer whatever is on your mind.

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment