Monday, August 23, 2010

Hold Us, Abba

I'm beginning to write this just after 1:00 a.m.  The pastor's office at church is pretty much cleared out, files from the computer over there have been moved home, and I'm about ready to hit the hay.  Sunday worship was a blessing, both in the morning and in the evening.  I am thankful.  I'm very tired.  I'm thankful for the Word of God which stands strong despite conflict and chaos.  I'm thankful, as Peder Eide reminded us tonight, that I have an Abba Father--someone who clings to me no matter what.  Thanks to Peder and to Tim Hatt for coming and sharing time this evening.  That was sweet.

Tonight I pray for so many I saw this morning and this evening.  I pray for my family and dear loved ones, some of whom I saw today and others who weren't around.  Tonight I think of and pray for many of the servant leaders at ELC, where, up until an hour ago, I was pastor.  I pray for Nate & Sarah, for Deb, Teresa, Rori, Amy, Dianne, Karen & David, for Eric & Laura & Jill.  Tonight I pray for Gary, Tom, Sarah (again), Jean, Kristen, David, Dwight, Ken, Diane, Julie, Amy & Kip.  I also pray for Greg, Deb, Jim, Mark, John, Christine, Karla and Bob.  I pray for Nancy and Paul.  O Lord, have mercy upon us and grant us your peace and your purpose.  Give us clear vision and open hearts.  Hold us, Abba, and carry us until we can walk once again.

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment