Thursday, August 12, 2010

Dear Anonymous

Dear Anonymous - please talk with me directly.  It's difficult to know how to respond.  Wouldn't you agree that our Lord commands us to meet together personally?  See Matthew 18:15. 

Clarification - the above note is addressed to someone who wrote an anonymous comment yesterday - a comment that I chose not to publish.  Why didn't I publish it?  The content of the comment felt accusatory, and accusations between Christians must be dealt with in private according to Matthew 18:15.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Anonymous - thank you for your response... though why you want to handle this in an anonymous way is a puzzle to me and seems to contradict the spirit of the verse I referenced above. You said "Meeting is not possible because of distance." Perhaps I would be willing to come to where you are. You won't know if you continue to be anonymous. I can't understand why you would want to be anonymous. Can you explain that to me? If you were at least willing to talk with me by email or by phone, perhaps we could understand one another.

    ReplyDelete