Monday, July 11, 2016

1 down, 9 to go

posted in Heywood Garage driver room
Praise Jesus! He has shepherded me and others through a full year with no "responsible accidents." A responsible accident is hitting anything or anyone or having someone fall in your bus if it's determined that the driver could have avoided it. I got a pin and a certificate. No extra money. Ha!  ;)

Year #1 for me! I'm going for 5 years and then 10. I'm planning on staying with this job until I'm 70, one day at a time.

The safety manager asked me, this morning, as he does to all safe operators, "What's your secret?" The grace of God. Plus not letting myself be pushed to do anything unsafe. Plus amazingly heightened awareness. Once again, Praise Jesus! It means a lot to get through the first year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment