Monday, June 20, 2011

Do You Read Blogs?

Hello "everyone" (whoever and wherever y'all are)!  I'm writing this, as I have in the past occasionally, from my parents' apartment in the uptown neighborhood of south Minneapolis.  I came into town last night to have supper with dad & mom etc. for Father's Day, stayed overnight, did some business (looking for a replacement for my old PDA--on our reduced income I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars a year for a "smart phone" data plan) and went to Snap Fitness in the morning (still thankful for that membership!) and then borrowed my dad's bike and rode to the "Church Center" up on Franklin Avenue where my daughter Naomi works.  She took me out to lunch (that was really fun) and since then I've been mostly prepping for tonight's 6:00 - 7:00 "Custom Designed" group study at Crossroads.  I won't be with the group tonight.  Toni and I will be going to a book release celebration--Naomi has been one of the editors for the book This Much I Can Tell You.

Not that any of that is interesting to anyone other than me and a few folks who like to keep track of what I'm up to.  As of now the counter I installed on this blog as of July 2009 says I supposedly have had "20,201 visitors" since that time...  That doesn't mean there have actually been 20,201 actual people reading this.  Blogger, the internet publishing service I use, says there have been over 30,000 page views... I don't even know what that means.  I think those numbers tracks "hits," that is, the times that a computer connected with http://equalsharing.blogspot.com/. 

My guess is that a few people look at this sometimes.  Knowing that just encourages me to keep putting it out there.  Writing like this helps me organize my thoughts--or get them a bit more organized than they would be otherwise.  Even if ONE person reads this, that is one more than it would be if I was just jotting thoughts in a journal.

This morning I heard some people talking today about blogging at a coffee shop--they were organizing for some big protest movement--and one of them said, "Do people actually read blogs?"  I didn't hear an answer so I asked the question on facebook.  A few have answered.  A few read this.  That's enough for me.


www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment