Friday, February 18, 2011

Beautiful Tatooed Feet

"How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!"  (Romans 10:15)
We met Kelly Gilbert at Okoboji Lutheran Bible Camp. I remember so well when she stood by the campfire and shared her testimony in, as I recall, the summer of 2009.

Here's her brief story from her blog:
My name is Kelly and I love and live Jesus Christ. He is my Healer, Redeemer and Savior. I live everywhere and nowhere. I have no place to rest my head.

I am in an intimate love relationship with a God who not only loves me as I am, but also knows me as I am.

I am also known as Showbiz, and known for wearing tie-dye, working at camp, being artsy-craftsy, high-caffinated, book-loving, organizationally-minded, tattooed, lead-foot driver, board game player, thrifty shopper, vagabond, map reader, tree-hugger, star-watcher, ocean lover.

To be alive is to be broken. And to be broken is to stand in need of grace.
You WILL be blessed if you take time to go to her blog on "Tumblr"... I'd suggest starting with her "notebook testimony".  (Click on colored words and press play where you see Kelly holding up a notebook with the first word "Worthless."  It will take awhile to load but it's worth taking the time.  Wow.  I am SO thankful!)  NOTE - Aug. 30, 2011 - THE VIDEO testimony is no longer available, though a written one is at http://hisbeloved-kellymarie.tumblr.com/tagged/testimony.

Then begin to pray that God will lead you to someone like Kelly.  Support ministries like Okoboji Lutheran Bible Camp.  Or go there yourself sometime.  The camp is unique in that it's mainly aimed at families.  Toni and I went with our kids every summer for about 17 years.  My son Dan will be a program director there this summer.  So thankful for that camp.  And so thankful for our friends Wendy and Joel Berthelsen who talked us into going there when our kids were small.  The Holy Spirit does such intricate and long lasting work!

It's such a treasure to share the grace and mercy of God.

Praise you Jesus!

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment