Sunday, August 30, 2015

What I Don't Know

“The Kingdom of God is like this: A man scatters seed in his field. He sleeps at night, is up and about during the day, and all the while the seeds are sprouting and growing. Yet he does not know how it happens. The soil itself makes the plants grow and bear fruit; first the tender stalk appears, then the head, and finally the head is full of kernels. When the grain is ripe, the man starts cutting it with his sickle, because harvest time has come.” Mark 4:26ff

I asked "where do I meet you?" and this photo was his reply
One of the great pleasures of this week came on Wednesday around noon when I got to spend an hour or so with a young man who I knew a few years ago here in Cokato. We met at the Teen Challenge Leadership Institute. It was exciting to see how far this young man has come.

Both Toni and I have been involved with many young people over the years. Some are doing well. Others don't connect with us much anymore so we don't know what's up with them. The young man who I met on Wednesday is one who I had no idea how he was until I saw him post the following on facebook:
So this is it eh? The end? I always thought I'd go out in the blaze of glory like some super hero, but it turns out that, that sweet smell of death I thought I could smell on the day I was baptized was nothing more than the sizzle of my flesh as it slowly started to burn away at the command of God's Holy Fire. Now that sizzle has turned into a burn and that burn into ash, just like the phoenix when it died was consumed by flame so was I, I was consumed by the all consuming fire that is my God, he started to creep in unexpectedly and now I live for my God, all idols have been cast away in the name of Jesus. So I'm I regret to inform you all Bill Scanlon has passed away it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives within me. — at Teen Challenge Leadership Institute.
(He posted that as "public" on facebook and now he gave me permission to post a picture he took of us on Wednesday.)

When I saw that testimony I sent a message and we got together. It was very good. Praise God!

There's still lots I don't know. I don't know his whole story and I don't know how it will turn out in the end. Still, I will rejoice in what God has done in this young man's life until now.

Keep praying for Bill and for all those God has brought into your life, even if you don't know where they are or how they are doing. Don't demand quick results. God is often working in ways we do not know.

equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment