Monday, August 31, 2015

The Work Week Begins Again

I drove route 664 from July 15-August 21.
My son Jon took this photo near his apartment in Hopkins.
Happy Monday again! If you're like me you stand now at the beginning of another work week. I'll be back on the bus in an hour.

I'm determined to allow God to have His way in my life, and that includes being joyful in the work he has given me to do.

I woke very early this morning with a sense of discontent. I'm feeling anxious too... mostly about how some people that I know and love are dealing with various circumstances in their lives.

But then God led me to these verses from Philippians 4: "I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me."

Last night God gave me these words from today's My Utmost for His Highest
...The first thing that will hinder joy is the subtle irritability caused by giving too much thought to our circumstances. Jesus said, “…the cares of this world,…choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful” (Mark 4:19). And before we even realize what has happened, we are caught up in our cares.
So I will rejoice as I go off to work today. God bless you with His peace and joy as you do what God has called you to do now.

equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment