Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Who Jesus Is

I'm getting ready, little by little, for tomorrow's "Ash Wednesday"* worship.  The goal of our time together tomorrow will be to help people act upon what it says in Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach the throne of grace
with confidence
so that we may receive mercy and find grace
to help in our time of need.
The theme of the day is the question Jesus asked in Luke 9:18, "Who do you say that I am?"  One of Jesus disciples answered "The Christ of God."  Jesus answered his own question in several ways, and we'll be looking at many of these on Wednesdays beginning tomorrow:

Feb 22 "I am the way and the truth and the life."
Feb 29 “I am the good shepherd”
Mar 7 “I am the bread of life”
Mar 14 “I am the vine”
Mar 21 “I am the light of the world”
Mar 28 “I am the resurrection and the life”

But how do WE answer that question?  How do you?  One of the best ways to tell is from our life of prayer.  When we cast all our cares on Jesus, we trust him to be all these things for us.

Come and worship on Wednesdays in Lent, and then check out all the other things going on at Crossroads.




* added Wednesday noon - If I can find ashes today, I will make them available for disciples of Jesus who desire to receive them as a mark of humility, humility like that of Christ who came to be sin for us.  See Philippians 2 and Second Corinthians 5, especially verses 20-21.

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment