Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Free to Follow Jesus in All of Life

Our Lord wants us to be free.  Since the beginning of humanity's time on earth we have been wrapped up in destructive patterns of life.  Through Jesus God has acted to set us free. 

Unfortunately that freedom is hidden from so many, often because religious authorities get between us and our Lord.  Instead of following Jesus we follow pastors or preachers or denominations. 

Now the Lord is showing us a new way. Crossroads Community Church is dedicated to spiritual freedom.  I serve as pastor, but I'm not the authority.  It's the pastor's job to point to Jesus, not to him or her self.  I hope that's what I do.  I am a leader, but a leader who wants to shift the attention away from self to the Lord. 

Please pray that all of us in the Dassel-Cokato community would be set free from whatever binds them so we can follow Jesus in every area of our lives.  Please pray that I would never get myself in the way.

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment