Monday, October 24, 2011

Extreme Makeover

Toni and I are sitting in the living room with our son Dan.  Dan's been home for a few hours; our son Jon was here for a long weekend so it's been great to have part of our little family around.  We're looking forward to a visit from our daughter Naomi and her husband Tim in less than two weeks.  We are so thankful.  Honestly.

Back in the summer of 2010 I attended a Thorson family reunion in the Hesper, Iowa area.  I learned then that the Thorsons were known for drunkenness and violence.  (True story, I'm not making it up.)  Along the way something happened, and I remember saying to those gathered that it would be great to know how our family members got to know Jesus.  Something changed, and I'm sure, from the rest of the family heritage I've learned about, that Jesus had a lot to do with it.

Jesus is in the extreme makeover business.  He doesn't just reform our lives, making them a bit better.  Like Extreme Makeover Home Edition, he rips them down and makes a wonderful new creation where the Kingdom of God moves.

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment