Saturday, December 18, 2010

Bit Part

Tomorrow I'll be preaching at a little tiny church located outside of a small town in Wisconsin.  The building doesn't even have an indoor toilet.  A pretty insignificant place.

I'll be preaching on Isaiah 7 (as I mentioned in A Sign for Your Future) and Matthew 1:18-25, the lesser known of the two Biblical Christmas stories.  This particular story is from Joseph's point of view--the Joseph, that is, who was the step-father of Jesus.

There's a sense in which Joseph is just along for the ride.  He doesn't have anything to do with Jesus' being born.  Yes, he played his part; he obeyed when God told him not to divorce.  He hung in there and most likely made sure Mary and the baby were taken care of.  That was the best he could do.

Whenever you feel like you're only a bit player, consider that you may be doing what God is calling you to do.  I am praying you and I will do just that.

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment