Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sharpening Time

"...The Lord will not reject forever. Although he causes grief, he will have compassion according to the abundance of his steadfast love; for he does not willingly afflict or grieve anyone." (Lamentations 3:31-33)
This is going to be a very full day.  I don't have much time to write.  Just a thought or two that have come to mind as I've been in prayer today, given by the Lord, that will hopefully be of help to someone else.
God is the master designer, and he allows adversities into my life to see if I can jump over them properly--"By my God I can leap over a wall" (Psalm 18:29).  Rise to the occasion--do what the trial demands of you.  It does not matter how much it hurts as long as it gives God the opportunity to manifest the life of Jesus in your body. (from Oswald Chambers' My Utmost for His Highest)
When we become sure of God's everlasting love, we can receive trials as ways in which God sharpens our character so we become more effective in His service.  It's not that God wants us to hurt us.  Many trials come at us because of the sin and evil in the world and in ourselves.  But when we love God, everything can be used by him for good in and through our lives.

I'm clinging to that promise today.

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment