Saturday, May 23, 2009

Increase Decrease

Romans 8:28 promises us that God can work for good with all who love him in all circumstances. I depend on that promise every day.

This morning, when I was feeling quite self-critical (I skipped men's Bible study and missed that chance to be nurtured in fellowship by God's Word) I stopped into the drug store to order some prescription refills. I was wearing a t-shirt with the design pictured here on the back. Another customer looked at the verse, John 3:30, saying it is so true. Originally, those are the words of John the Baptist pointing to Jesus Christ: "He must increase, I must decrease."

When I am obviously not everything God calls me to be, I am thankful that God is bigger and wiser than I am. I only pray that my life will point to Jesus, and not to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment