Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Just a Branch (But A Great Vine)

When I came home tonight Toni was out getting screens ready to put up in place of the storm windows.  It's so early for that but we decided to take the risk and the screens are on.  I went out to the garden too and cut down the asparagus plants so they could come up fresh when spring truly comes.  I took out the old manual weed wacker and with a few swings the old overgrown plants were no more.

What needs to be changed, pruned, cut away in your life?  Jesus says "I am the vine."  Getting rid of old growth, cutting away a few branches -- that needs to be done so new growth can come.  What do you need to let go of in this season so there can be good fruit?  What might the Lord be wanting to remove?  Will you pray about it?

In John 15 Jesus says:  “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.  He removes every branch in me that bears no fruit. Every branch that bears fruit he prunes to make it bear more fruit."  We are only branches, but He is a great Vine, growing fruit that will last forever.

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment