Friday, March 19, 2010

To Make A Wretch His Treasure

This is a follow up to Sunday's post "Loving Jesus."  I encourage you to click on "Loving Jesus" and read that post before moving on to this song, one we will sing after the message here on Sunday.  Please come.

How Deep the Father's Love for Us
(click colored words above to watch and listen to the song on a video; clips are graphic and bloody from The Passion of the Christ)
How deep the Father's love for us,
how vast beyond all measure;
That He should give His only Son
to make a wretch His treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss,
the Father turns His face away.
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
bring many sons to glory.
Behold the Man upon a cross,
my sin upon His shoulders
;
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there
until it was accomplished;
His dying breath has brought me life
-- I know that it is finished.
I will not boast in anything,
no gifts, no pow'r, no wisdom.
But I will boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from his reward?
I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart:
His wounds have paid my ransom.

“How Deep the Father’s Love for Us” words and music by Stuart Twonend.
Copyright 1995 Thakyou Music. Used by permission CCLI License #46661

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment