Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Waiting Room

I'm writing this from the "Driver Room" at the Heywood Garage. (I don't have a camera with me so I just took a quick snap of the room with the low quality webcam that's came with this laptop.) You can't see it from the picture but there are 20+ of us here, most of us waiting out our "school cut" time. The Minneapolis schools are on break so quite a few of us have one of our routes that isn't running this week. It's the route 10 trip that's cut from my work, so instead of leaving the garage at 2:47 I leave at 3:32. Soon I'll go out and pre-trip the bus for the 3 trips that I'll still do today - one on route 59 and two on route 9. I'll get home at about 7:30.

Tonight I'm hoping to meet with one or more of the men that I've been connecting with through Paul Anderson's "Communitas" ministry. There have been five or six young men that have come to the "MOVE" group at our house, but tonight I'm hoping I can get to know a guy who just moved into our house in the last week. I've sent texts out to those who I've meet with in previous weeks and to the "new guy," hopefully there will be texts waiting for me when I get done with the driving I'm just about to do.

What do you do when you're waiting? What do you think God is calling you to do?

Time for me to run!

Peace to you in Jesus' name.

equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment