Monday, July 20, 2015

Uptown Update

For the last 4 weeks or so I've been staying, mostly, with my parents in the Uptown area of Minneapolis. I've gotten home to Cokato on a few weekends and we had time at Toni's parents; then last Saturday we were in the Taylors Falls area, but I've been here with mom and dad most nights during the week.

It's been super convenient for me and I've been able to spend a little extra time with mom and dad. Tonight dad and I got out for a walk; the picture here is from July 7--another time we were out together.

Dad turned 89 on Friday. For his birthday we showed a few of the ~1,500 slides he took from the 1950s to 80s We were able to show them on mom & dad's television since my sisters and brother went in together on the cost of having them digitized by Pastor Eric Hulstrand and his Memory Saverz business. Priceless.

I've been on the job as a "part time bus operator" with Metro Transit for four days -- four days that is, after the 5+ weeks of full time training. Today, between my morning and afternoon shifts, I started doing some looking for a second part time job, even applying for one. I'm hoping to do something either directly or indirectly ministry related. I have thought about volunteering, but getting a little more income will be important since the PT bus operator position pays better than some jobs but not really enough to live on. I'm sure I'll write more about that in the days to come.

For now, I'm thankful for this place to stay -- a place that is only a few miles from the Heywood Garage where I'm headquartered for my bus driving. Toni and I will be getting ready to make more permanent housing arrangements sometime in August, but for now the "uptown" life is fine.

I'd write more, but I'm tired and morning comes early. My morning shift technically begins at 6:10 AM but I want to get there a half hour early at the latest. Tomorrow we "pick" our work for the next calendar quarter--sometime in August I'll begin driving new routes. You'll probably hear about that soon.

Peace to you in Jesus' name.

equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment