Sunday, June 28, 2015

I Will Not Be Afraid

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Don't rely on your own understanding. His ways are higher than your ways and his thoughts are higher than yours. Remember that He has saved you many times in the past and trust that He will do the same in whatever He calls you do to. Remember Him in your heart and give Him credit with your words. He will make a way for you to succeed in the things He desires for you to do." (based on Proverbs 3:5-6)


As I am anticipating the tests of this coming week I am tempted to be worried and anxious. As I spent quiet time with Jesus a moment ago, He gave me his assurance, again, by means of the verses above. I say, boldly, that I will trust God, the all powerful master of All, my Father! I say, in faith, I will trust Him. I will not be afraid.

----------------------

Added Monday morning, 5:00 AM

One of the Moravian Daily Texts for today reminds me of how good it is to be stepping out beyond what I think I can do on my own. Isaiah 10:12-13 speaks of the willful pride of a certain king who says:
By the strength of my hand I have done this, and by my wisdom, because I have understanding...
As I am stretching beyond my previous experience to do something new in these days, I'm thankful even for the temptation to be worried and anxious.

I'm thankful for this trial because any sense that I can "do" every day life because of my experience or wisdom is being taken away as I'm pushed beyond my comfort zone. I have an opportunity to respond with faith and trust, not to prove anything to anyone else, not to make anyone else think I'm something special, but simply because I NEED THE LORD to bring me through.

The interesting thing is that I can receive this lesson of faith and gain from this experience even before I know the outcome. Even though others may think that "I've got this" and I can "do this" under my own power and because of the skills and experience I have, I know better. I know how tempted I am to just throw in the towel and quit because of fear. I know how easy it would be to fail. I know how hard this is for me. Others may not, but that's okay. Through it all Jesus is teaching me personally and individually in a way that is not easy to share.

How is Jesus teaching you today? Will you receive what He has for you? Will you at least try to share what he is teaching you with someone else? Even if you fail, you will be blessed as you trust and listen to the Lord.

It's now 5:30 -- time to get dressed and out the door before 6:00. By 7:15 I'll be on site for the first work day and the lessons of this week.

equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment