As we move into 2015, I am praying we, as individuals, will decisions about spending time together in such a way that we connect more deeply and honestly -- not only with God, but also with one another -- that we will show the world what it means to Love God and Love our Neighbor as Ourselves.
There are many ways we can do that.
One option is that we would choose to read the book The Dangerous Kind (click here to download the first chapter) for several weeks together. We could choose to focus on chapters of this book during the first weeks of the new year -- here's a possible outline:
- Jan. 04 - chapter 1 - "Living Dangerously in a Perilous Time"
- Jan. 11 - chapter 2 - "The Naturally Supernatural Life"
- Jan. 18 - chapter 3 - "A Dangerous Kindness"
- Jan. 25 - chapter 4 - "The Spirit and the Mind"
- Feb. 01 - chapter 5 - "Under the Word"
- Feb. 08 - chapter 6 - "Hiddenness"
- Feb. 15 - chapter 7 - "Love: God's Gold Standard"
- Feb 22 - chapter 8 - "Repent--Kingdom Life Starts Here"
- Mar. 01 - chapter 9 - "Reckless"
- Mar. 08 - chapter 10 - "This is the Key to Your Life"
OK... it's 6:30 and any minute I'll be getting a call to go up to the church building. I need to wrap this up. More later.