Monday, April 14, 2014

Looking Ahead

(I'm submitting this to the Dassel-Cokato Enterprise-Dispatch as one of their weekly pastor's columns.  I think it will appear in that next week)

If you're like me you will often be tempted to worry about what is going to happen in the days to come.  I'm writing this column at the beginning of Holy Week (the week before Easter) and I can sense that temptation.  There are too many things coming up this week--too many responsibilities--too many things to do.  How will I handle it all?

But the Lord comes to me with his promise: Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4)  Cast all your anxieties on God, because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:5)  Do not be anxious about anything, but pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all He has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your heart and your mind--in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)

So I will rest in God's promises, and do my work with full trust in God's promises--promises for today, for tomorrow, and for the rest of my life here--and for eternity!  I will trust God's promise today and throughout this week.  God invites and encourages you to do the same!  He will bless you when you do.

And if you lack trust, get to know JESUS!  Let me know if I can help you in any way.

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment