Saturday, November 16, 2013

Ask!

I remember in 1983 going to São Paulo with a professor from what was known then as the "Faculdade de Teologia" in São Leopoldo.  I remember we took a bus to an area of that immense city that I wasn't familiar with at all.  The professor, Dick Wangen, told me, before we got going, that he was going to walk fast and I should keep up with him, look straight ahead, and not ask any questions until we got to our destination.  It wasn't the safest area of town for two "Americanos."

I've remembered that advice for times when I'm in places where I might stand out as a foreigner or stranger.  Walk fast, look straight ahead, and don't ask questions.

With the Lord, though, we don't need to follow that advice.  We can ASK him anything at all... and there are great and wonderful promises that come with asking FOR THOSE WHO FOLLOW HIM with everything they have and all that they are.
  • Ask and it will be given to you...
  • Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.
  • If any of you lacks wisdom, he or she should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault.
  • This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
We'll look at those verses and more tomorrow at Crossroads.  Come, or, if you can't, click here after tomorrow morning for a link to the recorded worship and message.

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment