Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fitting

I changed the format of this blog.  I didn't want to change it but I did want to make sure my twitter feed was once again included.  The process was confusing but now it's done.  For now.

Everything changes except God.  God revealed Himself to us once and for all in Jesus Christ.  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.  God's Word does not change either.  "God's Word is our great heritage and shall be ours forever."

So how does God's word "fit" into Christian life today?  How does an unchanging God "fit" into a changing world?  One might be tempted to just say "IT DOESN'T FIT AT ALL" and go off into our own little conservative Christian world. 

I say that is a temptation because of Jesus' words: "I am not praying that my people be taken out of this world but instead that they would be protected from the evil one," and because of God's Word speaking through the Apostle Paul; "to the Jews I became as a Jew... to those without law as without law... to the weak I became weak... I have become all thigns to all, so that I may by all means save some." and "Give no offense either to the Jews or to the Greeks or to the church of God; just as I also please all people in all things, not seeking my own profit but the profit of many, so that they maybe saved."

This Sunday at Crossroads we'll share and pray from God's Word about how the "FIT" can be made in this broken sinful world--a broken and sinful world that God loves so much.

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment