Thursday, January 10, 2013

On the Prayer List (Part 2)

I woke up thinking of one of the families in particular that, sadly, has less than a week now to move out of their home.  I barely know them.  Late last week, before the wedding, I found out about this.  I inquired about the situation but did nothing significant.

I ask: What is my responsibility in situations like this?  What is yours?  The "watchword for the day" today is this from Second Chronicles 19:7: "Now let the fear of the Lord be on you. Judge carefully, for with the Lord our God there is no injustice or partiality or bribery."  

Am I the scribe or pharisee that passed by on the other side of the road? Is God calling me to repent? How about our "church" community here in Cokato?

Father God, use this situation in whatever way you choose in my life and in the lives of others.  And, please, protect the family for whom I have prayed.


(The "watchword for the day" is from the Moravian Daily Texts.  For today's texts go here - http://www.calvarymoravian.org/dailytext/2013-1-10.  To learn more about the texts or to subscribe by email go here - http://www.moravian.org/faith-a-congregations/moravian-daily-texts/54-an-introduction-to-the-daily-texts.html.  We use these texts as inspiration for our 6:30 morning "conference call" prayer.)

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment