Wednesday, March 28, 2012

48 in 84

Note as of Thursday morning: I wrote this last evening but now I won't be leaving Cokato as early as I thought.  Some things need to be taken care of first.  But I will go today.

During our church's 84 hours of prayer I plan to spend 48 hours at the Pacem In Terris retreat center.  I plan to fast and pray and just BE with the Lord.  I'll leave Cokato at around 9:30 tomorrow morning, drive to the center near Isanti, and return sometime on Saturday afternoon.  I'll be staying in a comfortable "hermitage," a place for solitude and quiet.  No electricity.  I'll turn my phone off and leave it in my car.  Toni will check my voice mail so don't hesitate to leave a message there, or call her at 763-957-9296.

I've never done anything like this before.  I will listen for the Lord's voice and bring to him the cries of my heart and whatever else comes to mind by his grace.  According to the Pacem In Terris website in each hermitage there is an altar, a Bible, a bed, a rocking chair, a gaslight and candles, a gas burner for heating water.  Few distractions.  And, of course, no computer.

I hope you are able to find at least some time to pray during these 84 hours.  Check the Crossroads website for more about that.

www.equalsharing.com

3 comments:

  1. hallelujah!! the Lord placed upon my heart a desire to see some nonstop corporate prayer-the way the International House of prayer does it. Cry out to God with a holy desperation. The Church needs it. This country needs it even more in this hour. I think all the churches should get involved and have fasting and corporate prayer and worship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Even now,” declares the LORD,
    “return to me with all your heart,
    with fasting and weeping and mourning.”
    Rend your heart
    and not your garments.
    Return to the LORD your God,
    for he is gracious and compassionate,
    slow to anger and abounding in love,
    and he relents from sending calamity.Blow the trumpet in Zion,
    declare a holy fast,
    call a sacred assembly.
    Gather the people,
    consecrate the assembly;
    JOEL 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://youtu.be/xnP9GnRt1WI

    ReplyDelete