Thursday, September 1, 2011

Where You Can Be You

This video really fits Crossroads.  Really.  See below for a transcript.  (Thanks Mary Kay!)



Here's a few reasons why people don't go to church.  

    I can't come to church until I get my life together.
        Church is HOW I got my life together.
        (A place for new beginnings.)

    Church is filled with a bunch of hypocrites...
        and there's always room for one more.
        (Imperfect people welcome.)

    All they care about is your money.
        They care about me, not my money.
        (People are priceless.)

    Is there some kinda dress code?
        Yes, the code is, wear some clothes.
        (Come as you are.)

    Church, it just makes me nervous.
        I was nervous at first and then I felt right at home.
        (Right where God wants you.)

    I'm not sure I believe everything that you believe.
        ...but you can still belong.
        (Doubts welcome.)

    Church is for whimpy, girly men.
        ...you wanna say that again? :)

    If you knew me,
    and what I've done,
    you wonldn't want me.

        If you knew me,
        and what I've done,
        you wouldn't be worried.
You can come to my church
even if you were brought up
    Catholic,
    Baptist,
    Methodist,
    Jewish,
    Mormon,
    Lutheran,
    Pentecostal,
    Presbyterian,
    Church of Christ,
    Southern Baptist, or 
    ...a little bit of everything
    ...or a whole lot of nothing.
See, it's not about a religion, it's about a relationship!

So please come to my church.
    Where nobody's perfect,
    Where beginners are welcome,
    Where socks are optional, but grace is required
    Where forgiveness is offered.
    Where hope is alive!
        And it's ok... to not be ok.
        Really.

www.equalsharing.com

1 comment: