Saturday, August 27, 2011

Real Life and Facebook

I haven't written since Monday, at least not on this blog.  I've posted things on facebook but not here.  Honestly, I wish more of my real life friends were my friends on facebook.  Here's why:
Facebook, to me, feels more like a community than this blog does, especially because I rarely get comments here.  On facebook, because lots of people write and comment, there's a sense of relationship.  I know that the facebook world excludes lots of people, and I wish there was a way to reproduce what goes on there in person, but that's impossible.  Even printing on paper, doesn't work well.  You can read what's written or printed but it's not easy for you to respond that way.  On line, responding is immediate.  It's like having everyone in the same room.
Feel free to friend me on facebook, or, if you're on facebook and you don't want to do that, feel free to go to my public facebook page (known as a "profile" or a "wall" as often as you like (screen shot above).  I'll never know who is there looking or clicking.  But it's a lot more fun to be facebook friends.

Unfortunately, you can't see my "wall" if you're not registered on facebook.  We will print some things on paper, and make them available at church, but, as I said, it's not the same.

www.equalsharing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment