Tuesday, July 13, 2010

unChristian

I started reading this book while on vacation.  My daughter Naomi gave it to me awhile back.  It's worth your time.  Here's a summary from http://www.unchristian.com/book.asp
Christianity has an image problem.

Christians are supposed to represent Christ to the world. But according to the latest report card, something has gone terribly wrong. Using descriptions like “hypocritical,” “insensitive,” and “judgmental,” young Americans share an impression of Christians that’s nothing short of . . . unChristian.

Groundbreaking research into the perceptions of sixteen- to twenty-nine-year-olds reveals that Christians have taken several giant steps backward in one of their most important assignments. The surprising details of the study, commissioned by Fermi Project and conducted by The Barna Group, are presented with uncompromising honesty in unChristian.

Find out why these negative perceptions exist, learn how to reverse them in a Christlike manner, and discover practical examples of how Christians can positively contribute to culture.
www.equalsharing.com

4 comments:

  1. I am not surprised at all. I sometimes have the same perceptions of Christians and I AM one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, I ordered 3 copies of the book. Interested in having or borrowing one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am interested, that would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll let you know when they arrive.

    ReplyDelete