What do you think?
Marriage and Sexuality:
Ingham Okoboji seeks to make Christ known to all persons and welcomes all people.
While sexuality is not planned as a theme for events, this subject has reached major public discussion in the state of Iowa and in the ELCA recently, and sexuality is part of the wonder of God’s creation.
Following is the IOLBC approach based on our traditional orthodox understanding of faithful interpretation of scripture:
1. Everyone is welcome.www.equalsharing.com
2. We promote abstinence for everyone who is not married.
3. We support marriage as a formal union between one man and one woman.
4. We ask all counselors and teachers at camp to support these perspectives in all that they teach and lead at camp. We also ask them to live out these convictions.
5. We ask all guests at camp to honor these teachings when they make housing arrangements with us.
6. We want to be gentle, open and loving with persons having all kinds of dilemmas in life, and we want to lovingly point them to scripture as the source and norm for the faith life and God’s very best for all areas of life.
7. We encourage youth struggling with matters of sexuality to seek additional council from their pastors and families who also seek to follow God’s best.