Saturday, August 2, 2008

Family Blessing


We came home from camp yesterday. Today I'm heading in to Minneapolis. I'll visit a couple of people at Abbott-Northwestern hospital and then go to mom and dad's.

Last time I saw mom and dad was at my dad's birthday party. Actually, it was our annual Thorson July birthday party for Daniel, Naomi, my dad's sister Betty, her husband Glen, and dad. (Betty and Glen are my baptism sponsors - I'll need to write about them sometime.)

For dad's birthday I gave him a card and an invitation to go to the Duluth "Tall Ships" event this weekend. Tomorrow we'll be up there, dad, mom and I, to see and tour those magnificent sailing vessels. Should be a good time.

Family is such a blessing, and it should never be taken for granted. That's one of the reasons our discussion on sexuality is so important. You're invited to join us Wednesday evening in the church fellowship hall for the discussion - please see the announcement about this - I try to keep a link to a few announcements more or less current under "more stuff" at the top right of this blog page.

No comments:

Post a Comment